StarDragonfly Herb Company
Friday, June 15, 2012
10:00 am until 8:00 pm
From 6 until 8, StarDragonfly Herb Company will be celebrating 3rd Friday Art Walk with the rest of Winnsboro, Texas.
Stop on by for a glass of good old Texas ice tea with herbs and fruit, a couple herbal snacks, some home-made ice cream (made by our very own Nancy of Falster Farms) and be prepared for a surprise visit from the "Prince" of thieves.
|Kevin Costner as|
Robin Hood in the movie
Robin Hood: The Prince of Thieves.
Photo courtesy of
Naaaaay! Unfortunately, Kevin Costner is not on the guest list, but Caleb with Thieves Essential Oils http://www.secretofthieves.com/, will be paying us a visit.
"Black Plague & Thieves Oil
Century after century, bubonic plague outbreaks decimate the population of Asian and Europe for the better part of a thousand years. Out of this period emerged a legend of four thieves who were captured and charged with robbing the dead and dying victims. When the thieves were tried, the magistrate offered leniency if they would reveal how they resisted contracting the infection as they performed their gruesome acts. They told of a special concoction of aromatic herbs, including garlic, cloves and rosemary, that they rubbed on themselves before committing their crimes." This info is from the website www.secretof thieves.com.
StarDragonfly Herb Shop is a small shop featuring handmade folk remedies. These remedies are made with care in small batches with quality ingredients. A lot of the herbs used in these remedies are grown in this area.
We will have the following products available:
- Herbal Extracts (tinctures), single herb and blends.
- Herbal tisanes (teas)...caffeine free, wholesome and delicious.
- "Infused" oils
I harvested this flower to use in
my Calendula salve. Great for
- Herbal salves....tried and true blends...can be used for dry, cracked and chapped skin. Gentle enough for children and animals.
- Sugar blends...love Chai tea? Try our Spice Sugar blend for a easy but awesome cup of Chai tea
- Dried herbs from StarDragonfly herb garden, or wildcrafted in the woods around the farm. Or ordered from responsible companies that believe in quality organic free-trade products. Fresh herbs on request.
- Candied Ginger! Hard to find, yes, yummy natural candy, yes, works great for stomachaches and motion sickness, yes!
- Herbal pet products. I have developed a "hot spot" treatment for dogs! Worked on my pups and has no harsh chemicals! We will eventually carry a home made doggie shampoo.
- Fresh Granola, chocked full of wholesome ingredients. Our specialty is a granola that is nut and seed free. Wonderful cereal for those suffering from diverticulitis.
- Falster Farms local honey
- We will special order....I love to hunt for those hard to find herbs and spices. Need fresh Vanilla beans? Whole star anise? Or an unusual type of curry powder? Let me know and I will try to find it for you and/or carry it in the store.
|See those yellow green buds? |
Those are day lily buds and they are edible!
Delicious, rare or stir fried!
- We have lots of great products coming in the near future! Soaps, bath salts, vitamins and minerals, jams, jellies and relishes, whole foods, packaged and in bulk, hand-made house hold products and crafts, sustainable farming products, books and magazines. The sky is the limit on what this little herb shop will eventually carry. Let us know what you would like to see in this store!
Okay, enough for now! Cousin Sandra and I have been down with a summer cold or allergies, yuck! Woke up last night with an unbelievable sore throat. Took about 2 dropperful of StarDragonfly Herbals Sore throat/cough tincture with 1 tsp. honey and a dropper of SDH Elderberry tincture. Amazing! I love herbal medicine! Hope to see you Friday evening! Herbally, Susan
I'm a big fan of dreams. Unfortunately, dreams are our first casualty in life - people seem to give them up, quicker than anything, for a 'reality.'
|Border Collie and Sheep|