I did not want to just disappear from the blogging world. I wanted to say "Farewell!" Closure is good. And for me and mine this closure is very good. As most of StarDragonfly Herbals readers know, I opened StarDragonfly Herb Company (a brick and mortar establishment) in June. And like the herbs we sell, the store is growing and blooming and seeding and doing all the planty things it should be doing! And I love it! I was only going to be open 4 days a week, well, that has grown into 5 days a week. The hours fluctuate with events that are happening in the small town of Winnsboro, Texas. So, sometimes the days are very long and busy! Which is awesome.
|Farmer's Market Flowers|
at the front desk with
the organic chocolate and
That brings me to FACEBOOK. This is what I have been doing. Every morning I put a photo and blurb about herbs or products in the store or just an inspirational saying in a post. I have found that this is mini-blogging! It is fun! And it helps those following me know what I do and have at StarDragonfly Herb Company! So please, LIKE StarDragonfly Herb Company on FACEBOOK! The link is at the top right of the blog. Oh, I bring that up because I hear this quite often. "Well, just what does she have in that store?"
And what do we have at StarDragonfly Herb Company? Lots of wonderful herbs and herbal products! Let me see if I can give you some examples!
- Bulk Herbs, medicinal and culinary
- Spices, common and exotic! (We have wonderful Vanilla beans!)
|Agatha posing with|
Delta Aromatherapy Candles
Vanilla and Lavender.
- Candles, Delta (which is owned by Cousin Sandra's daughter) and Native Naturals which are local
- Organic chocolate bars and the absolute best Organic Hot Chocolate mix.
- Aprons and Tea Cozies from Glynda, The Cozy Kitchen.
- Red Oak Botanicals (room sprays, creams and salves, lip balm)
- Time To Thyme Herbals (laundry soap kits, beads, herbal medicines, salves creams, sachets and more)
- Sister Susan's Face Creams for Cowgirls and Country Girls and my magic salves.
- Fresh Granola
- Fresh "Free-range" Eggs from Happy Chickens
- The Essential Herbal Magazine
|Christie, one of the shop "cats"|
- Herbal Tea Samplers-makes a great gift or these samplers are a wonderful way to star drinking herbal tea. Sometimes it is just so hard to make a decision on which delicious tea to purchase!
- Herbal lye soaps from Native Naturals.
- DVD's on the Edible, Medicinal and Utilitarian plants of Northeast Texas! Awesome videos! At a great price!
- Pan Flute CD by David
- CD that is a pdf file of the 100 top medicinal herbs. Great reference.
So, now I am going to officially say "Farewell, Dear Blog Friend!" If you are local please stop by the store and if you are not, well, next time you are in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, Winnsboro is about 2 hours southeast of Dallas. Would love to share a cup of tea with you! Stay well and please, contact me by email or phone (903-588-4313) if you have any questions. Will try to help you to the best of my ability! Herbally, Susan
"I guess it's going to have to hurt, I guess I'm going to have to cry. And let go of somethings I've loved to get to the other side.
I guess it's going to break me down, like fallin' when you try to fly.
Sad but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life starts with goodbye."