Sunday, August 7, 2011

Welcome to Northeast Texas.

Welcome to my new blog!  And welcome to Northeast Texas...it is hot!  Very hot!  As I am trying to learn how to create a blog, the temperature is somewhere around 105 degrees.  Anyway, I am hoping you will join me on this journey that I have embarked on to learn  about native plants, herbs that heal, cooking and living here on the edge of the Texas Pineywoods.

The lovely lady above is one of my very best friends in the world, Chi.  She is a 7 year old Border Collie, and she will be joining us on our adventures along with the Border Collie puppies (now 2 years old, but they will always be puppies to me)Brother Cody, Sister Bell, the horses, RedMan and Beauty, the donkeys, Rosie and Sage, and various sizes and colors of chickens.  Oh, and my cousin, Sandra and probably various other friends and loved ones.  So, thank you for joining me.  I am sure we will have some adventures, learn some interesting things about plants, review some recipes, learn to take care of ourselves with the plants and learn more about the awesome State in which we live (sorry, folks, I am a native Texan from a long line of Texans, and yes, I have lived in several other states, but Texas will always be home!).

Please share with me as I learn how to use the computer, honestly, I would rather be outside with the plants (oh, yeah it is 105 out there, or in the kitchen whipping up something delicious!), but right here in front of the computer is a good place for now!

Until later....think green!

Susan

P.S.  Please feel free to ask questions, offer suggestions, and give me ideas.  In the near future I will have herbal beauty products, herbal tinctures, teas, ground flours, homemade granola, and eggs for sale.  Some of you I will see at the Winnesboro Farmers Market, others may contact me through this blog or at stdragonfly@yahoo.com!                                      


Sage and Sandra.


4 comments:

  1. Hello from middle Tennessee where it is very hot as well!! I'm looking forward to visiting your blog from time to time to learn something new about herbs! I know very little about herbs so this will be fun to learn how to use them in recipes. I am a friend of Sandra's & she's always mentioning what a great cook you are. :)
    I have been making a lot of fish lately so what herb would go well with Tilapia & Salmon?

    Take Care, Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I know it will be an exciting and fun journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good start with your blog, Susan. Look forward to your tips and to see all your animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had to comment on your first post...and even though I'm super late in joining your world...WELCOME to the blog world! Sophie just came in from a pee break in the SNOW...yes that's what we had the other night....enjoy your journey...it'll take you all around the world!

    ReplyDelete